Tuesday, November 02, 2010

my ears are open

Folks, I need your suggestions. I've been on a podcast kick lately and I'm running out of episodes of my current favourites. So, if you could share some of your favourites to guide me through my walks to work and marathon crafting sessions, it would be much appreciated. Currently getting play are Nerdist, Spilled Milk, Q, and Wire Tap. I'm open to anything, really, but would especially love to discover new-to-me craft, humour, photography, or generally geeky podcasts.

Sound off in the comments.

3 comments:

skivels said...

I love the Vinyl Cafe and Scott Thompson's podcast "Scott Free". He only has a few but I adore his humor and he was one of my fav Kids in the Hall.

Anjali said...

I tune into CraftSanity and CraftyPod and also like to listen to CBC's Definitely Not the Opera (DNTO).

I'm also on a mild audiobook kick, thanks to LibriVox (http://librivox.org/) which features free recordings of books in the public domain. I found out about Librivox through a podcast called "CraftLit" which I listen to once in a while, but not often. It's all right, just not quite my thing.

Librivox can be a hit and miss in terms of finding a reader's voice and recording that you can get into, but there is plenty of good stuff there. Quick warning, the site is sort of a nightmare to navigate. Some digging is required to find what you want. There is a "Help" wiki to assist with this problem, and a FAQ.

I thought Karen Savage's reading of Jane Austen's 'Persuasion' particularly excellent, that is, if Austen is your cup of tea! I've listened to Karen's recorded version from beginning to end twice already.

I'd also be interested in knowing if you find any new podcast gems. I'm ALWAYS looking for quality new stuff to listen to. Keep us posted!

Meaghan said...

Thanks for all the suggestions!