Thursday, December 31, 2009

you say goodbye, i say hello

Hello, hello...

184/365.2

I always seem to find my way back to this space sooner or later. And, the end of the year has me feeling a bit reflective, so here I am.

New Year's Eve has never been my favourite of holidays, at least not the big drunken party mess that it is for many. I do, though, appreciate any excuse for a fresh start, to assess the current state of things, and make some plans (er, lists) for the future. While New Year's can also be a big set up for disappointment and failure type deal, if I keep expectations low, I figure I'm okay.

So, instead of the brouhaha, I'll be knitting, cleaning, reading, list making, plan hatching, and doing a wee bit of merrymaking of the quiet kind. Sounds a bit boring, but good to me.

Oh, and I'll be giving 2009 a kick in the arse on the way out, because, despite some great bits (December ponied up with a great new job for me, and September brought some additions to the family), well 2009 kind of sucked. But 2010, it's gonna be great, I just know it.

Have a safe night, whatever you have planned.

No comments: