Sunday, February 28, 2010

hibernation

While I've been in hibernation mode, I've managed to get a little knitting done.

195/365.2





And some new project planning (I've actually already started with this).



I also finally taught myself how to crochet (with the help of these videos. I spent hours trying to decipher directions from a book to no avail, and then finally decided to turn to the internets for help. Lo and behold.





What I really want to be able to do is crochet a hexagon or granny square blanket, but I figured I should start with the basics.

Crochet is fun and pretty quick, and a nice alternative for when my knitting mojo goes out the window, as it does at times. I can't see me doing much more than small items and using it in detail for knitting projects, though. After working on the stripy cat blanket for a few days, I went to cast on for a new knitting project and something in my brain went haywire and for the life of me I couldn't remember how to do a long-tail cast-on. After dozens and dozens of cast-ons, I had to dig out a book to jog my memory. So strange.

No comments: